As a video publisher, you know that creating useful audio visual content – content that is fun, engaging, informative and useful; content that people would be actually willing to pay for – and distributing it easily and effectively are two different ballgames altogether, especially so today in 2015 and moving forward.
As authentic statistics and published market research go to prove, DVDs are well on their way out. (According to a Digital Entertainment Group report, DVD sales dropped by 8.2 percent in the first half of 2014.) Online video streaming is the way forward, as masses upon masses of users and consumers naturally gravitate to this method of obtaining and consuming video content, owing, no doubt, to the tremendous convenience factor that this method offers via-a-vis DVDs.
Given this scenario, as a video publisher, you are faced with two choices: make your products available via a reliably online streaming/download service or lose your customers, sales and revenues.
Uscreen is a new online video streaming service brand launched in 2013. Uscreen is an online platform that enables businesses to sell and distribute videos directly to their customers in a simple and easy to use manner.
Here are some of the salient features offered by the Uscreen platform:
- Security and DRM – with Uscreen, you can sell your videos confidently without any fear of piracy, since all videos on the platform are protected with their proprietary DRM (Digital Rights Management – the state of the art intellectual property protection technology widely used by copyright holders, publishers, hardware manufacturers and individuals) and encryption to offer maximum security
- View on any device – the viewers can watch all videos available on the Uscreen platform with virtually any device including desktop and laptop PCs, smartphones, tablets/phablets, TVs and Apple Airplay at anyplace and time. The following screen-shot illustrates the wide range of devices supported by the platform:
- Stream and download – users can either view the video content online by streaming it from Uscreen, or download it to their device and then view it even when they are offline
- Digital storefront – Uscreen provides a customizable storefront using which you can showcase your videos and sell them to customers, while all ecommerce operations and transactions etc. are handled by the platform. The following screen-shot shows a sample of an elegant online video content storefront created with the Uscreen platform, with a fully integrated shopping cart, video library and demo links:
- Individual products (videos) can be attractively showcased and presented as shown in the screen-shot below:
- Chapters and episodes – Uscreen allows your to tag your videos with chapter and episode markers, just like with a DVD. You can also create links to PDF documents and websites from any portion of your videos, as the following screen-shot illustrates (the top left link points to a PDF document while the various links below it take you to various episodes of the video):
- Rent, buy or subscribe – Users can rent, buy or subscribe to any of the videos on Uscreen. The publisher admin area allows the publishers to set the price and manage subscriptions
- Mobile apps – Uscreen offers mobile apps for Apple iOS as well as Android which will allow practically all mobile users to buy and view your video content easily via their mobiles, as shown in the screen-shot below:
Creating a Uscreen video is a simple, 5-step process, as listed below:
- Upload your video to Uscreen
- Build video menu and setup chapters
- Set a price to your video
- Preview it
- Start selling
Uscreen allows you to accomplish all this in a simple, menu-driven manner, making it easy for you to deliver your video content and for your customers to purchase and consume it using their preferred devices, all online.
Some useful and noteworthy features of Uscreen which are not provided by most of the major competing video distribution platforms (such as Amazon, Vimeo and iTunes) are:
- Integration with existing websites
- Integration with Shopify – one of the most popular ecommerce platforms
- Direct access to customers
- Availability of APIs
According to official Uscreen sources, their major customers consist of companies from the fitness, educational and motivational speaking industries. Some of their major customers include Hoopnotica – a hula hoop dance instruction company, FLX – a flexibility and strength training company, Gin Miller – a fitness studio and workout videos company, MazzMedia – a company providing educational media and DVDs and others.
All the above companies have undeniably and immediately added a new revenue stream to their existing business by making their respective video products available for streaming and downloading via the Uscreen video distribution platform. As a matter of fact, Hoopnotica recorded as much as a 155% percent increase in their video sales after signing up with Uscreen. They further reported that since joining Uscreen, 4 out of 5 of their video sales are taking place via streaming and downloading.
As a business owner/manager, you already know that you need to be where your current and future customers are. For a video content production business, where the customers are is at streaming and/or downloading, so this is where you need to be too in order to maintain and grow your sales flow and revenues.
In light of the above, Uscreen is a fairly powerful and easy to use online video streaming/distribution platform – one that is worthy of consideration for any producer and marketer of video content.
You can visit the Uscreen website by clicking here.