This is a post from our new author Angela Nielsen of One Lily Creative Agency, a full-service web and print design company. Angela loves creating designs that win awards for clients, and is addicted to the thrill of helping people make sense of all this web-techno-marketing stuff.
40 years ago the first email was sent. The email simply said ‘qwertyuiop’, and was sent to the computer sitting next to it. It’s not possible for anyone to have predicted how our world would change after the successful sending of that first message.
Today social media is everywhere. Networking sites, gaming sites, entertainment and media, there is a site for everyone. Friends are reconnecting, businesses are reaching new audiences, and Presidents are winning races. You can checkin at your favorite coffee shop, upload your latest art project, even meet your future spouse.
The last 40 years we’ve seen alot of ups and some downs, but it looks like social media is here to stay. Wonder what the next 40 years will bring?
Latest posts by Angela Nielsen (see all)
- Current State of Social Media: The Big Four [Exclusive Infographic] – October 10, 2011
- Exclusive Cheat Sheet: Twitter Manners – September 5, 2011
- Exclusive Infographic: Email Etiquette – More Than Just Manners – August 16, 2011
- The History Of Social Media [Infographic] – June 6, 2011
- YouTube: 6 Years and Counting [Infographic] – May 16, 2011