This is a guest post by Tiago Veloso, the founder of Visual Loop, a collaborative digital environment for everything related to information design and data visualization. He lives in Brazil, and you can connect with him online on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Yes, the Super Bowl was a couple of weeks ago, and that usually means ‘old news’ in today’s ‘Internet time’. After that, we had the Oscars and Valentine’s Day, not to mention other news like the Pope’s resignation and the meteorite fragments that hit Russia, taking over the web. However, the amazing numbers behind this year’s edition alone are enough reason to make this post, gathering some of infographics created around ‘The Big Game’.
We’ll be focusing on the facts and figures behind the advertising machine that this event has become, with companies from all sectors investing millions of dollars to get, sometimes, just a few seconds of exposure. You’ll find also several interesting numbers about the impact of the Super Bowl in the Internet, especially on social networking sites – also known as “The Social Bowl”.
As usual, feel free to leave us your suggestions for other Super Bowl infographics on the comments, and you might also like this Pinterest Board, dedicated to The Big Game.
Latest posts by Tiago Veloso (see all)
- The best of Visual Loop – April 2013 – May 28, 2013
- The best of Visual Loop – March 2013 – April 18, 2013
- Vintage data visualization: 35 examples from before the Digital Era – April 2, 2013
- The best of Visual Loop – February 2013 – March 12, 2013
- The amazing numbers behind ‘Super Bowl Marketing’ in 15 infographics – February 26, 2013