Planning to launch a lingerie store online but don’t know what it should look like? Innocence or vulgarity – what makes more magnetic appeal on customers? Maybe it should be a mix of both? Get to know our opinion on the matter together with useful e-Commerce guides on how to make your project profitable. The entry, as well, contains a substantial collection of popular online lingerie stores for your inspiration.
We can itemize at least a few facts to the favor of your solution:
First of all, lingerie is in the list of constantly asked-for products.
Secondly, lingerie fashion doesn’t change as quickly as other clothes trends, so you won’t have issues with old stock.
Thirdly, people like to buy lingerie. They buy it either for themselves or as presents for their sweethearts, kids or relatives.
Fourthly, your targeted audience is not limited by sex or age frames. Young and elderly men and women wear lingerie.
Fifthly, even if it seems that now everybody is absolutely emancipated, when it comes to buying such intimate things like lingerie, especially the one for romantic dates, people prefer doing that privately, if they are not perverts, of course. So, online store is an ideal place for underwear shopping.
At this stage, we can arrive at the conclusion that the selected niche of products can be rather profitable provided that website design and functional features will leave your competitors far behind. But how to reach that? In fact, formation of a kind of guidelines on how to make an e-Commerce lingerie store popular and profitable is the main goal of our blog post. A principal question we will answer today is how to find a perfect balance when you are standing on the edge in order not to slip down to vulgar design that will scare away half of your potential customers. The dilemma is more complicated than it seems as the internet is packed full with tasteless websites that look more like online bordellos than e-commercial stores. Maybe their owners think that if they show more naked bodies, the trick will draw more visitors’ attention. However, the effect can be quite the opposite. Females are mostly fine in their souls even if their appearance hides this subtle side. There is a mystery in every woman and they thoroughly protect it from the whole world. You will be surprised, but primeval innocence is present even in the lady with no hang-ups. We just don’t see it at first sight because she doesn’t reveal her secrets to the next man.
In order not to get into the trap of blatancy, let’s clarify what is considered a non-U in the world of web design.
As a rule, we characterize websites as vulgar if they can be described in the following words: common, coarse, unrefined. In simple words, many tacky colors on one page, multiple images where people are ‘in their birthday suits’, elements that don’t match each other or general design concept, cluttered design, numerous different fonts, using of clichés on banners and slogans to attract the users, failed combination of different design styles, rude or unprofessional support service, sacrificing usability for visual appeal’s sake and many other points make a website look amateur, untidy, unpolished and even cheap. Your products may be of the highest quality, but if your website looks like that, they automatically acquire the same appearance, as the user percepts store design and the items it sells as a whole. The knockdown examples of web stores skillfully balancing on the edge of vulgar and innocent below will illustrate everything mentioned above and make the theory totally understandable.
Obviously, the undergarment plays an important role in our lives. It gives us comfort, warms us up during winter and prevents from sweating in summer. Intimate garment helps us get seductive forms even if we gained a couple of extra kilograms during holiday feasts. Moreover, it’s a proven fact that people feel more confident at work and in everyday life wearing playful, sexy lingerie. That’s why we pay so much attention to the topic.
Now, when we tipped you off against vulgar designs, let’s revise some essential guides every merchant should know at the stage of planning an e-commercial lingerie store in order to make it one-of-a-kind.
- Unique product or proposition. Exert yourself to offer something original, one and only. Items or services that customers won’t be able to get anywhere else, but at your store. Maybe you will even decide to produce a unique product line yourself.
- Take good care of quality. High quality of your products is utterly important as lingerie touches our skin. So, it should be natural, comfortable, aesthetically appealing, have cutting-edge design, be fashionable and healthy.
- Since your targeted audience is not limited by sex, provide underwear both for men and women. This way you will double your product market without any extra efforts.
- Don’t forget about complete information on each item. Show your garments with style, designer, price, rating and size. Selected product availability should also be stated as nothing can be more irritating and disappointing than figuring out that underwear piece you’ve chosen is out-of-stock.
- Think about loyalty programs for the repeated customers. Small gifts, promos, discounts, etc. help you build vast clientage base.
- Decent return policy. Make it simple – if the item doesn’t fit you, just kick it back and get your money or another product that suits perfectly – otherwise you will never be taken seriously by paying buyers.
- Pick and choose company name. It should be not only exclusive, but catchy and memorable if you want your customers keep it in mind and name it to their friends and acquaintances as their favorite store.
- Organize your website so that products were easily found. Scatter navigational steers all over the pages.
- Create friendly, welcoming shopping environment where men and women feel comfortable, pampered and stimulated by the wide array of choices that are available to meet their requirements.
- Train your customer support service to the superior, professional level to give every customer that like online chats and telephone conversations one-to-one attention they are waiting for.
- Plus size market is growing. It’s not very good for national health; however, your assortment of sizes should include large ones to meet the needs of this category of buyers.
- Never stop to analyze the needs of your buyers and monitor inventory levels in order to make adjustments in time. Record clients’ size needs and purchase history in order to have the possibility to offer them additional products apart from the selected ones.
- Educate and advise customers on proper fitting and quality – value relationship of some topnotch, expensive brands.
- Offer a variety of price points so that customers don’t feel intimidated by too expensive propositions.
- Change product section, banners and slider displays frequently to attract impulse purchasers, creating visual illusion that there is always something new at your store.
- Right product mix and placement as well as accurate, on time delivery of goods that meet customers’ expectations as to size, color, quality and so on, can’t be underestimated.
- Offer customers globally famous, reputable brands people see only in glossy fashion magazines, the ones not available at the next corner stores.
- Encourage and analyze customers’ feedback as it is a powerful mean of improvement.
- Varied store inventory will considerably raise your profit. We mean that it’s great for your business to have not only bras and panties (classic briefs, bikinis, hi-cut briefs, boy-shorts, g-strings, v-strings…), but also special occasion lingerie (bridal…), erotic sets, underwear for teens, seasonal undergarment, sleepwear, swimwear, tights, stockings, socks, daywear, at-home wear, sportswear, shapewear, maternity, hosiery and what not.
- Make use of direct marketing. As a rule, if you keep records of your clients database, your messages hit the bull’s eye and boost the sales. Besides, this type of marketing is beneficial for customers either. This way they get to know company news, events and special offers in advance.
- There are no minor details in e-Commerce, so even signature gift wrapping can positively influence store image and make the recipient feel happy and satisfied.
- Payment methods should be diverse and include PayPal as customers consider stores having no this option scammers that will take their money and never deliver their goods.
We hope these guidelines will help you take into consideration every detail that makes an e-Commerce lingerie store profitable, popular and successful. By the way, if you want to start the one quickly and at reasonable price, click here, for the most beautiful lingerie store templates.
Now, let’s come back to the topic of our entry: innocent or vulgar, how to keep the perfect balance between these two extremes? Look at the live websites below! From our viewpoint, they managed to reach the ideal equilibrium. Study their designs and unravel their secrets! We are sure that your future website will be even lovelier, just remember the tips you’ve just read above.
Did you like our collection? What websites did you find the most seductive? What do you personally consider vulgar in web design? Would you like to share some vulgar, innocent or discreet lingerie site designs? Do you find our tips useful for planning an e-Commerce lingerie store? Please, remember that your feedback is always welcomed in the comment section and highly appreciated by the author.
Author bio: Helga Moreno is a constant writer for TemplateMonster.com. She likes to poke her nose into every event taking place on the Internet. Her range of interests is so varied that it’s easier to list them in a separate edition. Want to know more about this cuckoo working mom striving for perfection in every single thing she starts? Welcome to her Google+ account to see if it is really possible to grasp the immensity.