So, you’ve started a website and you’re ready for the traffic to just start pouring in. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that. Search engines won’t just list your website in the first few pages of a search result without you first employing a few marketing strategies. Nor will potential customers frequent your page on a regular basis without some sort of incentive.
These easy-to-follow tips will provide you with a traffic boost, without requiring that you spend a dime. Employ these strategies as soon as you’ve completed your website’s design. Once you’ve attempted all of these marketing strategies, you may want to invest in a third-party SEO company to further improve your page ranking and Return on Investment (ROI).
SEO Marketing Tips
2. Include only quality content. Your website’s blog or help pages should be well-written, include links, and quality information. Well-written content will result in traffic.
3. Don’t overuse keywords. No matter what anyone tells you, dumping keywords everywhere doesn’t result in traffic. Instead, use a unique, keyword focused title tag and only include keywords in text when it makes sense to.
4. Guest blog. Look for similar websites and ask if you can write a guest post on their site, back linking to your website. This only works if the website you’re writing for fits into your website’s category. If you’re a health and beauty site, you can write on any related site. The same goes if you’re selling photography equipment. You’ll only want backlinks from photography blogs.
5. Content should be fresh. Even if you’re selling vacuums, your website needs a blog. Search engines look for fresh content, so you’ll want a blog on the site and you’ll need to update it often.
Customer Marketing Tips
1. Host a contest. If you have something you can giveaway, you can boost your site’s traffic and visibility. Host a giveaway on your website for one of your in demand products. List this giveaway on blogs and websites aimed towards people who may be interested in your product. Encourage bloggers to share your contest. This is a great way to get Facebook and Twitter likes, because you can offer additional entries for likes and shares.
2. Give something away. Over at Biowars.com, site administrators offer site visitors a free comic book for stopping by their web page. By giving away the comic book, they’re both building their brand recognition and enticing customers to buy their product. Plus, they’re collecting email addresses.
3. Personalize emails. TopRank, an online marketing blog, recommends personalizing email communications, in order to keep email subscribers interested. You’ll need to study your customer’s behaviors and then create profiles based on these behaviors. Once you’ve done that, you can then send dedicated emails to those people.
4. Social network. If your business isn’t on Facebook and Twitter, it should be. You can expand on this by creating even more social networking profiles, on everything from LinkedIn to Google+. Connecting with your customers is a great way to communicate with them, create brand recognition, and answer their questions quickly.
5. Create brand advocates. One of the best ways to promote your business is through word of mouth marketing. When your customers say nice things about your business it will draw their friends and family members to your business. It’s important to identify your best customers and ask them for testimonials, both written and video.
header image courtesy of petesimon