Arguably, the main data visualization event in Brazil, the 2011 edition of LIDE (in Portuguese stands for “Language, Information and Editorial Design”) offered an extended exhibition with more than 180 infographics produced by Brazilian magazines and newspapers.
This was the 4th time the event was organized, and besides the Infographic Exhibition, there were some fantastic presentations from well-known and respectable figures in the field, like Carlos Monteiro, Alberto Cairo and Javier Errea.
The organization was kind enough to send us an exclusive look at some of the infograpghics presented, and we picked up 20 to show here. You can also visit the LIDE’s Flickr album for a lot more, specially if you want to better understand why Brazilian infographics are among the best in the world, like we stated already here and here.
Under each image you’ll find the respective magazine/newspaper, the publishing month, and the designers names. Enjoy!
Congratulations to all the team involved in the organization, and let’s wait for next year’s edition!
Latest posts by Tiago Veloso (see all)
- The best of Visual Loop – March 2013 – April 18, 2013
- Vintage data visualization: 35 examples from before the Digital Era – April 2, 2013
- The best of Visual Loop – February 2013 – March 12, 2013
- The amazing numbers behind ‘Super Bowl Marketing’ in 15 infographics – February 26, 2013
- The best of Visual Loop – January 2013 – February 7, 2013