You donâ€™t have to be a web designer to create an amazing portfolio â€“ maybe youâ€™re a photographer or illustrator or God knows what other type creative soul. And you donâ€™t have to spend two months waiting for some friend to help you with a microsite. Noo sir! â€“ there are very easy ways of doing this by yourself in just a few simple steps and this is one of them!
First youâ€™ll need to sort out your projects and make sure youâ€™ve selected your best pieces that youâ€™re going to showcase. Once youâ€™ve done this you should be ready to cut out some images of the project that you want your visitors to see. You can start creating the thumbnails (220px by 162px) and your main project images (with a 700px width).
After this youâ€™re ready to set up your portfolio! You can download this free xhtml/css portfolio theme called Medifolio made by our friends from LogoMoose, upload your files and your own thumbnails & images to your own server. All you need to do now is make sure that youâ€™ve got the image URLs right. More info on how to do this and on how to edit the projects info is available in the Help file from your download.
Note: To get the contact form working you still need some help from a programmer :-]
Latest posts by Catalin Zorzini (see all)
- Web design goodies of the week #12 – May 18, 2013
- Create a Playlist of Your Daily Experiences with the Compass.to iPhone App – March 14, 2013
- Inspired Talks: Alvin Diec – November 22, 2012
- HOW TO: Build your Brand Online [Infographic] – November 15, 2012
- How to Tell If Your Blog Is Making an Impression – November 15, 2012