That’s right – inspiration comes not only from the online world, but from the print realm as well. And some could event argue that an entire day of browsing is not as inspirational as a good quick read. So we found the best gift for y’all Inspired readers – printed eye candy and amazing interviews with some of the most creative people in the world – the Studio Culture book!
The Book – Studio Culture
Studio Culture provides a unique glimpse into the inner workings of 28 leading graphic design studios. In a series of penetrating interviews, the mechanics of building and maintaining a vibrant studio culture are laid bare with disarming frankness. Studio Culture is a book for both seasoned professionals who have been running studios for years, and for idealistic designers contemplating starting up. It is the complete guide to creating, maintaining and growing a studio culture.
The Publisher – Unit Editions
Unit Editions is a a collaboration between Tony Brook (Spin) and Adrian Shaughnessy (ShaughnessyWorks). A new, progressive publishing company dedicated to producing high-quality, affordable books about graphic design and the visual arts. As well as superlative visual content, Unit books will have insightful texts, and offer the highest standards of design and production.
The Online Project – Your Studio
This is an invitation to designers and image-makers to take part in a unique experiment. Submit a picture of your studio and help us build a pictorial archive of design studios from around the world. Browse the archive and submit your pictures by email.
Enter to win the Studio Culture book
- tell us in the comments why you deserve one of the most superb book releases of the year
- tweet this message: Get the awesome Studio Culture book from @InspiredMag http://su.pr/5E0pPz RT to enter the giveaway!
- Interview with Adrian Shaughnessy and Tony Brook – Print Mag
- Interview with Unit Editions – It’s Nice That
- Studio Culture Review – Mark Porter
- Add to basket
- Jean Claude – I just need this book for my advertising / design collection on my shelf. Studio Culture looks like an amazing work of art itself and I would give a beer to all my colleagues if I win! Congrats Jean Claude and thanks everybody for joining the competition! As usual, we already have a new one :-]