On February 4th, Facebook will celebrate its 8th anniversary, and we can already consider it a major force in our modern day lifestyle. As many would say, Facebook IS the Internet. I can’t completely agree with that, but, nevertheless, the truth is that over 800 million people use Facebook, and that’s pretty much enough to awe anyone.
The next logical step is the IPO, with all the experts predicting it to be perhaps the biggest EVER. So, with all that, what’s left to say about Facebook?
You’re right, not much. Let’s just have a look at some of the hundreds of infographics made about the social network – actually, we have over 700 (!) on Visual Loop -, its features, and its impact in many different dimensions of our society.
First, a little bit of history:
And some interesting factoides and numbers:
It’s not hard to predict that we’ll be seeing a lot more infographics about Facebook. Is there any other that you find especially interesting to add to this list? Just share it in the comments below.
Latest posts by Tiago Veloso (see all)
- The best of Visual Loop – March 2013 – April 18, 2013
- Vintage data visualization: 35 examples from before the Digital Era – April 2, 2013
- The best of Visual Loop – February 2013 – March 12, 2013
- The amazing numbers behind ‘Super Bowl Marketing’ in 15 infographics – February 26, 2013
- The best of Visual Loop – January 2013 – February 7, 2013