For the new Freebie Friday edition weâ€™ve teamed up with our friends from Communication Arts Magazine in order to offer you a one-year subscription to their Premium Online Content, which includes galleries of Communication Arts competition winners and 130+ in-depth feature articles â€“ everything theyâ€™ve published since 2004!
Communication Arts Magazine
Founded in 1959, Communication Arts is the premier source of inspiration for graphic designers, art directors, design firms, corporate design departments, advertising agencies, interactive designers, illustrators and photographersâ€”everyone involved in visual communication. Whether in print or online, CAâ€™s editorials, feature articles and the annual competitions it sponsors provide new ideas and information, while promoting the highest professional standards for the field. Now in its 50th year, CA continues to showcase the current bestâ€”from industry veterans to tomorrowâ€™s innovatorsâ€”in design, advertising, illustration, photography and interactive media.
Communication Arts Premium Online Content
Premium Online Content includes:
- Galleries of Communication Arts competition winners
- 130+ in-depth feature articles
- Media database of 18,000+ award-winning images and videos
- Profile database of 21,000+ individuals and firms with their work
Itâ€™s super simple to enter the giveaway, just follow these steps:
1. Join the Inspired Forum and ask or answer a question
2. Tweet this Win a Communication Arts Premium Online subscription from @InspiredMag http://inspiredm.com/ARZP RT to enter the giveaway!
The winner will be announced here next Friday, stay tuned!
Communication Arts Typography Competition
Communication Arts has launched a new Typography competition to celebrate the best use of typography as the primary visual element in design and advertising, plus new typeface designs, calligraphy and handlettering.
Categories include collateral, packaging, media, motion, environmental typeface design, calligraphy/handlettering and unpublished/experimental and the deadline is September 10, 2010.
Jurors include Stephen Coles, type director at the FontShop and editor of Typographica; Allan Haley, director of Words & Letters at Monotype Imaging and past president of the New York Type Directors Club; and Ellen Lupton, designer, curator, critic and author of Thinking with Type.
Their selections will be showcased on Commarts.com and reproduced in the January/February 2011 issue of the Communication Arts mag. More than 50,000 copies of the issue will be distributed worldwide assuring important exposure to the creators and publishers of these award-winning projects. Submission requirements and FAQs can be found here
Latest posts by Catalin Zorzini (see all)
- Web design goodies of the week #12 – May 18, 2013
- Create a Playlist of Your Daily Experiences with the Compass.to iPhone App – March 14, 2013
- Inspired Talks: Alvin Diec – November 22, 2012
- HOW TO: Build your Brand Online [Infographic] – November 15, 2012
- How to Tell If Your Blog Is Making an Impression – November 15, 2012