WordPress is a highly sophisticated and versatile content management system. Though the base system itself is powerful, it’s meant to work with various tools and plugins to expand its functionality and enhance its appearance. Power users can save time and gain additional traffic with these add-ons.
1. User Switching allows administrators to rapidly switch from one user account to another. It was designed to expedite administrative tasks while preserving security. Website operators can install this highly praised add-on from the WordPress dashboard’s plugins menu.
2. WP Ban enables blog owners to block certain visitors from viewing entries or posting comments. It can reject unwanted users by detecting their IP addresses, host names, referring URLs or other characteristics. WP Ban can show a customized message to each blocked user as well.
WordPress Traffic Tools
3. The free Google Analytics plugin provides detailed web traffic statistics for WordPress users. It monitors the popularity of different categories, authors and tags. This top plugin can also track the number of clicks on links to external websites.
4. Yet Another Related Posts Plugin adds links to related blog entries at the end of each WordPress post. This encourages readers to stay on the website longer. By eliminating the need to manually identify and list related posts, YARPP also saves time for the blogger.
5. The Twitme plugin easily links your blog to a Twitter account. It automatically adds a link to each new blog entry on the blogger’s Twitter page. This provides an easy way to promote blogs online, while automating what’s otherwise a mundane task. Over 36,000 people have downloaded this plugin.
WP Design Enhancements
7. The WP-Paginate plugin automatically divides WordPress content into multiple pages. If desired, it can paginate both posts and comments. Power users may utilize WP-Paginate to boost the search engine optimization of their blogs or split up bandwidth-intensive content.
8. Meteor Slideshow enables WordPress users to easily assemble online slideshows. It provides a variety of customization features, including the option to select one of 26 different slide transitions. Home computer and mobile Internet users can watch the shows it creates.
9. The Styles plugin gives people the ability to modify basic WP themes. Fonts, colors, images and other design characteristics can be changed. On average, users rate Styles four out of five stars. It’s currently free, but the supplier intends to begin charging a fee for access to extra features.
Sharing Large Files
10. YouSendIt simplifies the process of sharing files that are too large to host on a WordPress website or send by email. YSI can eliminate problems with bandwidth and storage space limits. Some WP bloggers regularly post YouSendIt download links on their blogs. You can even digitally sign documents, in case you’re using WordPress to run your professional site and want clients or potential clients to be able to send you official documents.
With the help of these plugins and tools, a WordPress website can become more attractive, efficient and functional. This enhances the user experience and boosts traffic. By automating various tasks, website operators also gain additional time to create new material.