The art of the typeface, from the typographer who creates them down to the designer who meticulously meddles with settings to get them just right in their designs — from the size to the letter spacing to the line length — is a complicated one. Many designers get overwhelmed just trying to get the typography right on simple websites.
But here we have 50 typographic posters where the art lies in not just getting the letters right, but using them to paint the picture. These posters were made by masters of typography, and showcases the letters themselves at the forefront in a way no book or website does. Take a look at this collection of inspirational typographic poster designs for your own inspiration.
For all that their designers put these letters through in order to create the visual representation they’re after, the best of these are still inherently readable. Readability is the most desired trait in good typesetting, and even when using type for unusual purposes this holds true. The lesson? When getting inspiration from poster designs such as these for your next type treatment in a client piece, remember that readability comes before artistic flair.
Need a poster design?
Hire Stoian Hitrov – a freelance poster designer from Bulgaria.
Latest posts by Catalin Zorzini (see all)
- Ecommerce: Customers Behaving Like Angry Birds? Turn them Into Lifelong Buyers – June 5, 2013
- Over 4,300 Professional, High-Quality Icons – only $37! – June 5, 2013
- HOW TO: Communicate with suits – June 3, 2013
- HOW TO: Fix common web design mistakes – May 30, 2013
- 20 One-Page Responsive Templates with Parallax Effect only $19! – May 29, 2013